Saturday, January 5, 2019

Whenever any of my family members bring up the fact that it’s 2019, I always say “Bobby Shmurda gets out 2020!” Non of them know what the heck I’m talking about and it’s pretty funny fo me. 
Anyways, I’ve been on the lookout for interesting webcomics to read. One thing that happened, when I was looking for sites to post my comic on, was that I started reading a few that I came across! It really is such a amazing and diverse world of cartoonists and creators out there! 

My younger brother has an ongoing manga of his own he works on daily. He’s probably 10x more productive than I am! He posts another chapter on his Facebook page almost every week. 
I’m really quite lazy and often can’t get more than 3 pages done in a day unless I really feel like it. And the way my brain is set up, doing each panel on a 4x6 page of its own makes drawing out my written story more manageable for me. I used to do regular comic pages with a bunch of panels on em’, but a lot of the time if I had to take a break from a page that was half finished—it would never get finished! So I guess the downscaling to one panel per page, and using a smaller canvas, makes each panel feel more complete. Also, every time I come back to work on my comic it’s a fresh new start on a blank page! I love drawing regardless but this little tweak made it so much more enjoyable for me when it comes to comics particularly. 

But more than anything I love reading comics! I’ll read anything as long as the story is good but I’d say favorites are mostly fantasy or slice-of-life genres. So yea I’ve been getting into a few I found interesting. I think it’s nice to have something to contribute to the webcomic world, but when becomes a matter of doing only what’s beneficial to ones own personal motives it can get boring! So in between working on my own comics, I allow myself to get a little side tracked, to sit back and really read what everyone else has shared and strike up a convo with other creators. 

 BTW, last night I made this fuckery. 


Smh...I question my own sanity sometimes. 
To Monday, peace. 
Xoxo
Margoat 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Start With The Human In The Mirror The first chapter of volume 1 of Desserts will make it's debut here   on January 1 @ 10am! ...